Art and Science Camp - May 16, 2018
1.) Save our cell phone numbers in your phone for ease in contacting us during the week.
Gwynne MacIntyre, Science Enrichment Specialist, 864-907-0116
- 7:45-8:45 Before Care
- 9:00-12:30 Science Camp
Kim Murdock, Afterschool Art and More, 919-259-4705
- 12:30-4:00 Art Camp
- 4:15-5:15 After Care
Why? We need to know if you are making any last minute schedule changes OR if someone other than yourself is
responsible for picking up or dropping off your child. A text to the appropriate person (see above) on the camp day is best.
- We must have child care changes/re-arrangements in writing. We need phone numbers of all people picking up your child. (grandparents, babysitters, friends, etc.)
- If you are going to be late dropping off or picking up early, we need to know. (see # 8 below)
- If you want to add before or after care to your reservation. (see #9 below)
2.) This camp will take place in Classroom 2, the first door on your right when you enter through the front of the building.
3.) Campers need to bring a couple of snacks, a lunch and a water bottle. CUMC has water fountains but campers will spend time on the playground and may want to take their water bottle with them.
4.) Campers should "dress to mess" and bring weather appropriate clothing.
5.) Campers may bring a book for quiet times.
6.) No screens, no toys, no games.
7.) Please be sure to review our behavioral expectations with your child before camp so that we may all enjoy a great camp experience together.
- In a nutshell, we expect each individual to behave respectfully by taking direction, staying on task, and accepting the guidance of staff and teachers.
- The classroom building houses the church offices and is a location for various church meetings, etc. Children must be respectfully calm and composed when inside the building, at all times. (Including drop off and pick up times, as well as siblings, etc..) Thank you for your understanding.
8.) 5/16/18 Camp Schedule / Break times and lunch time are good times to arrive late or leave early.
- 7:45-8:45 Before Camp Care (optional)
- 8:45-9:00 Check In
- 9:00-10:15 Science Activity
- 10:15-10:45 Snack Break/ Games
- 10:45-12:00 Science Activity
- 12:00-12:30 Lunch Time
- 12:30-1:00 Playground Time
- 1:00-2:15 Art Activity
- 2:15-2:45 Snack Break/ Games
- 2:45-4:00 Craft Activity
- 4:00-4:15 Check Out
- 4:15-5:15 After Care (optional)
9.) CUMC has a lovely, recently renovated playground behind their church. This is our main playground. If it is not open, due to maintenance, we use the playground at Community Park. Community Park's playground is a 5 minute walk from the classroom building.
10.) Please share this information with any and all people responsible for your child during camp time.
Looking for summer camps?
We have a great line up of week long, half and full day summer camps at CUMC. We offer 10 weeks of Art & Writing or Art & Spanish camps for ages 5-11. We also offer mentorship opportunities for ages 12-14.
If your child enjoys learning about lemurs, be sure to check out our June 11-15 lemur book creation summer camp.
Campers will create a book about lemurs, cover to cover. The camp also includes a field trip to the Duke Lemur Center to see lemurs! Click on the link above to read the detailed camp description.
Please let us know if you have any questions. :-) Thank you! -Kim